Building a Skills and Knowledge Framework and Training Plan about the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
With funding from the Scottish Government, we are working with Children’s Parliament, Together, JustRight Scotland and the Observatory on Human Rights of Children. Our role is to co-ordinate the project and bring our learning and digital expertise.
We are collaborating to create:
- A Skills and Knowledge Framework to ensure the public sector workforce, public service providers and wider duty bearers like families understand what the law means for them
- A Training Plan to help people organising training to cover the key points and recognise quality
- Resources about the UNCRC to signpost existing resources and to fill the gaps
- A digital space for the materials to make them available to everyone across Scotland
The project runs between August 2022 and March 2024.
How you can get involved
- Sign up to get updates on the project by email
- Learn more about the project on Together’s website, read Mary’s blog about the Professionals Panel and stay tuned for future events
- Watch our video to find out more about our plans and the project team
- Contact us to find out more
Further information about the project
We are working with two groups to collaborate on the Skills and Knowledge Framework:
- A group of professionals and practitioners with responsibility for fulfilling children’s rights, and
- A group of children and families.
Our aim is to harness and learn from the experiences and expertise of children, families and practitioners.
We want to ensure that the framework and training plan support duty-bearers in Scotland to uphold children’s rights, and for children to have their rights respected, protected and fulfilled in their daily lives.